March 07, 2011

The passing of Jim Travers, Star columnist

James Travers, Toronto Star Columnist on political matters, died last week. Many accolades have been coming from colleagues, politicians and the general public alike. As a tribute to him, The Star reprinted a story he wrote on Apr 4, 2009, called, "The quiet unravelling of Canadian democracy." I suggest everyone take the time to read it.

I've had the opportunity to see him on television and I found his deconstruction of the political scene illuminating. It's unfortunate that we've lost such a great journalistic mind.

My condolences to his family.

1 comment:

Jean-Claude Dubois said...

I did not know Jim Travers other than watching him and listening to him on CBC television. I was always impressed by his objective and knowledgeable demeanor. Calm and collected, he came across as a seasoned professional who showed respect for his human entourage and the issues at hand. He appeared to be a very nice guy.